June 14, 2021
Hello Gilham Families,
Last Week of School —
June 14 (M) – Hybrid Cohort A attends in-person, regular hours.
June 15 (T) – Hybrid Cohort B attends in-person, regular hours.
June 16 (W) – Regular Online Wednesday
June 17 (H) – K-4 Async (online activities to complete) 7:55-10:10, 5th Grade SSO and Hybrid Cohorts A & B attend in-person, 7:55-10:10.
SSO students will follow a similar schedule. Watch for an email from teachers about classroom specific information.
5th Grade Cohort A, B, and SSO attend in-person on Thursday June 17th — 7:55-10:10. The cohorts will stay separate from one another throughout the day. We will be following all protocols and social distancing.
The last day of school will be a lot of fun for the 5th graders. We’ve planned lots of fun activities out in the field including a rocket launch. We’ll be launching 8 rockets some time during the morning. As 5th graders leave the building the staff will do a “Clap out”. The whole staff will celebrate our 5th graders. Each student will get their promotion certificate and a goody bag.
School is dismissed at 10:10. Students can get picked up like normal or ride the bus home.
There will not be an evening promotion drive through this year.
iPad Summer Plans and 2nd Grade iPad Return — Families may keep their borrowed student iPads over the summer, with the exception of 2nd graders who will get a different device in 3rd grade. All of the 2nd grade iPads should be returned to the front office on Friday, June 18th between 8:00-2:00.
SSO and Hybrid — Reading Books and Library Books Return — It is not too late to return your books to school. Check your shelves to see if you have a library book, a novel from your classroom, or a textbook. They all need to be returned to the school. You can return them between 8:00-2:00 the next couple of days.
Summer Reading Activities — These resources are available all summer long FOR FREE!
- Sora: e/audiobooks for K12 – Login with Clever; tons of high interest, diverse books for all reading levels!
- Britannica School: Robust K12 database accessible to all reading levels; username: brit; password: eugene
- Virtual Summer Camp Adventure: K5 resources filled with fun, engaging learning and reading activities all summer long. Here is a letter for parents/guardians.
- PebbleGO: K2; database accessible to all reading levels (even non-readers) filled with engaging information and activities on animals, health, science, geography, and biographies; Username: holt1 Password: school
- Eugene Public Library: All 4J students (even those outside city limits) can get a library card! Parents/students can phone 541-682-5450 and get a card over the phone to get access to digital resources or fill out this registration and mail or bring it in.
- June Library Lowdown has includes all these resources and more!
Mark your Calendar —
6/11 — No School for Students — Grading Day
6/14 — Hybrid Cohort A attends in-person, regular hours
6/15 — Hybrid Cohort B attends in-person, regular hours
6/16 — Regular Online Wednesday
6/17 — K-4 Async 7:55-10:10, 5th Grade SSO and Hybrid Cohort A & B attend in-person, 7:55-10:10
6/17 — Kona Ice 4:15 – 6:15
6/18 — 2nd grade return iPads to front office